The Abramson Scholarship Foundation offers financial and mentoring support to DC public high school graduates who demonstrate academic promise, financial need, and a commitment to community service.
In order to receive continuing awards, an awardee must apply each year and provide proof of academic achievement, financial need, and demonstrate continued participation in the Abramson Scholarship Foundation program.
To be eligible for an Abramson Scholarship for Continuing Scholars, you must:
• Be a previous or current Abramson Scholar
• Have been a DC resident at the time of your first year application and graduated from a public high school located in the District of Columbia
• Be enrolled in an accredited four-year college in the United States as a candidate for a degree
• Have a demonstrated commitment to community service
• Have an economic need for financial assistance and a maximum family income of $93,000
• Have a solid academic record demonstrated by an overall 2.75 GPA or better
• Demonstrate commitment to the Abramson Scholarship Foundation based on involvement with your mentor(s), regular and consistent contact with the Abramson Scholarship Foundation – through your Mentor, the Mentoring Chair, or other representatives of the Foundation, and have attended the following three mandatory Abramson Foundation Scholar events*:
1. Abramson Scholarship Foundation Awards Ceremony in June 2018
2. Abramson Scholarship Foundation Scholar-Mentor Orientation Workshop in August 2018
3. Abramson Scholarship Foundation Professional Development Workshop over winter break (January 2019)
(*Continuing Scholars who did not attend all required Scholar Events must provide the Abramson Foundation a satisfactory explanation for the absence.)
• Have provided the Abramson Scholarship Foundation with a transcript/grade report after each semester of college
Award Amount: $3000 (sophomores), $4000 (juniors), and $5000 (seniors)
Review Process: The Foundation’s Board of Directors will review applications and a limited number of applicants will be invited to interview with members of the Board. Scholarship awards will be determined and applicants will be notified by early June 2019.
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, April 26, 2019. Applicants will be notified by mid-May of the timing of the in-person interview.
Questions? Contact Danielle Verbiest at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 470-5425.