The Abramson Scholarship Foundation offers financial and mentoring support to DC public high school graduates who demonstrate academic promise, financial need, and a commitment to community service.
To be eligible for an Abramson Scholarship, you must:
- Be graduating in June 2019 from a public high school located in the District of Columbia (D.C.)
- Be a D.C. resident
- Have admission and commitment to attend an accredited four-year college in the United States as a candidate for a degree
- Have a demonstrated commitment to community service
- Have an economic need for financial assistance and a maximum family income of $93,000
- Have a solid academic record demonstrated by a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, and:
- at least 1000 combined SAT scores among evidence-based reading plus writing and math, and
a combined score of 12 or above if you’ve taken the optional SAT essay; or
- at least 20 combined ACT scores.
If selected as an Abramson Scholar, in order to receive your scholarship award payments, you must:
- Attend the Abramson Scholarship Foundation event in your honor to be held in June 2019
- Attend the Abramson Scholarship Foundation Scholar-Mentor Orientation Workshop to be held in Summer 2019
- Attend the Abramson Scholarship Foundation Professional Development Workshop during your college winter break
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with the Abramson Scholarship Foundation – through your mentor, the Mentoring Co-Chairs, and/or other representatives of the Foundation
- Provide the Abramson Scholarship Foundation with a transcript/grade report after each semester of college
Award Amount: $2000 (With the possibility of increasing awards of $3000, $4000, and $5000 for each subsequent year in the remaining three years of college.)
Review Process: The Foundation’s Board of Directors will review applications and a limited number of applicants will be invited to interview with members of the Board. Scholarship awards will be determined and applicants will be notified by early June 2019.
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, April 26, 2019. Applicants will be notified by mid-May whether they will advance to the interview round.
Questions? Contact Danielle Verbiest at email@example.com or (202) 470-5425.