The Abramson Scholarship Foundation offers financial and mentoring support to DC public high school and public charter high school graduates who demonstrate academic promise, financial need, and a commitment to community service.
FIRST YEAR APPLICANTS: PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE 'MORE' BUTTON NEXT TO THE APPLICATION LINK BELOW BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM.
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, April 1st 2024. Applicants will be notified in May whether they will advance to the interview round.
The Abramson Scholarship Program is more than a check! ASF Scholars receive comprehensive mentoring throughout their time in college and many of our mentor relationships continue after graduation. In addition, ASF Scholars join a community of Scholars and alumni and are invited to programming to support academic, professional, social/emotional, and financial goals. ASF is looking for applicants that are excited about the opportunity to connect with a mentor and the broader community and fully engage in ASF programming.
If I am selected as an Abramson Scholar, I agree to:
- Attend the Abramson Scholarship Foundation event in my honor (held in June)
- Attend the Abramson Scholarship Foundation Scholar Orientation Workshop (held in June)
- Attend ASF events such as the annual Abramson Scholarship Foundation Professional Development Workshop. ASF will host at least one in-person program over summer and winter breaks and several virtual programs during the fall and spring semester; Scholars are expected to attend at least 80% of the programming.
- Build a relationship with my ASF mentor and maintain regular communication with them (at least 2x/month) to keep them updated on my well-being and future goals.
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with the Abramson Scholarship Foundation through my mentor and other representatives of the Foundation.
- Provide the Abramson Scholarship Foundation with a transcript/grade report after each semester of college and additional information as requested.
Before applying, please consider if you will be able to make this commitment.
To be eligible for an Abramson Scholarship, you must:
- Be graduating in June 2024 from a public high school located in the District of Columbia (D.C.)
- Be a D.C. resident (or be able to demonstrate compliance with D.C. law re: tuition payments for non-residents)
- Be accepted to an accredited four-year college in the United States as a candidate for a degree
- Have a demonstrated commitment to community service
- Have a demonstrated economic need for financial assistance
- Have a solid academic record demonstrated by a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
Review Process: The Foundation’s Board of Directors will review applications and a limited number of applicants will be invited to interview with members of the Board by the end of May 2024. Scholarship awards will be determined and applicants will be notified by June 2024.
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, April 1, 2024. Applicants will be notified in May 2024 whether they will advance to the interview round.
Questions? Contact our Program Associate, Morgan Scribner, at email@example.com.